I decided to open a new kind of book in the blog: I'm passionate about reading as much and that often when I read, if I like what I read, publicized it at full blast, because Do not use the blog to publicize it end?!
And so this is the first book in a series, could be a starting point.
So, the plot, which I copy from the book is as follows:
It 's a cold winter one in which a middle class family in Chicago is overwhelmed, in a few months, with a dual unacceptable loss. So Dave, twenty-two, to find himself one day to another to act as father and mother to the little Toph's only eight years. The world awaits the two of them and have no intention of doing so wait: Dave sells the family home, gets in his car and goes along with the little brother to the California sun, turning a devastating event in the beginning a new life of freedom ...
Thus begins the tale imbued with tenderness, innocence, self-consciousness and disarming megalomania, the story of a twenty year old now struggling with baby-sitting, pre-cooked dinners, MTV, and the digital revolution. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius is an unexpected and compelling book, but also and above all a fascinating exploration of new frontiers of contemporary literature.
Then, the plot here is a bit 'hasty and superficial. In fact the hero is a madman with a thousand compelling phobias and manias and in general the book is hilarious but not really "light".
I liked, I would be like a 7 rating.
And now a bit 'of citations.
To address this issue, the author is at pains to let you know:
a) What is a person like you.
b) That, as you fall asleep soon after they got drunk.
c) that occasionally have sex without a condom.
d) That sometimes falls asleep while you are having sex, drunk and without a condom.
e) That has never been available to their parents a decent funeral.
f) That has never finished university.
g) What you expect to die young.
h) That, for the fact that his father smoked, drank and died as a result, he is afraid of food.
i) who smiles when he sees young black men with children in their arms.
In a word: it is an attractive type!
At one point, the introduction is a table that describes the thread and sign what they gained from the publication of this book and says,
What then is really bad, come to think , and is still more than the author, who does not have pets, be able to spend. Accordingly, he intends to devote a part of you, or at least some of you. The first two hundred readers of this book write by demonstrating that you have read and absorbed the knowledge that it has to be given, the author will receive a check for $ 5 issued by a U.S. bank, probably the Chase Manhattan, which is not much of a bank - or rather apriteci not ever open an account. Now: how to prove that you actually bought and read the book? Let's do this: pick up the book that you are asked to buy - please attach receipt or copy thereof - and get to take a picture while reading the book or maybe they do use better. Special consideration will be given a) the presence in the picture of one or more children, since, as everyone knows, babies are cute, b) the inclusion in the photo of a child from the language exceptionally large and c) photo shot in exotic locations (always with the book, remember), d) to photos that portray the book when you're rubbing it on a red panda, mammal-looking half-way between a small bear and a raccoon, known also as the "lesser panda", a native of central China and who frequently rubs against things to mark territory.
I bring a book to training, imagining that exercises of a group of children between eight and ten years are quite boring. In truth they are exciting. He watches every movement, as we gather around the coach for instructions, I look at them like scratching the coglioncini real players, I look at them as they headed for the fountain to take a sip of water.
These things, details, stories and whatever, are like the skin of snakes which are stripped, leaving everyone to watch. What cares the Snake where his skin, who sees it? The leaves there where he made the changes. Hours, days or months later, we find the skin and discover something of the snake, so far as big, about what was long, but little else. We know where the snake now? What are you thinking? No. For all we know, the snake now could turn into fur, could sell pencils in Hanoi. That is no longer his skin, wore it because we grew up in, but then is dried and fell off the back, and he and everyone else can see it now.
And you'd be the serpent?
course. I am the snake. So, the snake should bring with them the skin, always keep it under your arm? Should he?
No?
No, certainly not! It has no arms, a snake! How the fuck does to carry around your skin? Please.
Dignity is a form of affectation, a charming but eccentric, like learning French or collecting scarves. And it is something incredibly volatile and mercurial. In addition to subjective. Which is why fuck.
park their campers and their vans out there, right on the recess that is to lick the bay, and then sit on folding chairs to chat about the brands of rope, kite convention, or how they can get better between my balls, maybe even as we try to do a launch, so as to make us angry for good.
me alone and I suck all the rage to say trivial, given that the reasons for living are certainly not explained well in a few minutes, sitting on the edge of a bed in a department of psychiatry, yet it seems intrigued by my words, which leads me to ask me more questions about him, about how a speech so molasses could convince him to live, because you insist on bringing me and himself so low without realizing how ridiculous we are both on the exactly has softened his brain, the exact moment when I lost, the reasons why I love him, because I care about someone so weak and whiny, and where the hell I parked the car.
The first issues of "Might" in the index and the publications contained false errata like this: "On page 111 of the book we wrongly stated that Jesus Christ was a sort of proto-hippies and dirty deviant. In fact, Christ was the son of God We apologize to our readers.
I would throw myself against the window, out into the garden club and run to jump into Lake Michigan. Or just go for two steps. But it's too cold. And I do not have proper shoes.
Seeking groped for ways to conserve heat. It is less cold standing buildings or moving? I think I know that you are the hottest if it moves, but for a minute game with the thought of being able to stand still and be able to adjust to taste my blood circulation.
was in those moments that you knew you had said something really funny, when he cried with laughter and wiping his eyes, then I'd won, and you enjoyed it, there was other company's largest or most important, more moving, and maybe try to give you a tone even pretending anything, but in reality you were gloating and proud to look at her, and imploring you wished you enough! Enough!, because you were so funny but instead you kept laughing because you wanted some more ', would laugh until we could have made more, half collapsed on the kitchen counter while you were sitting at the table after school. Oh you're awesome! he said. Stop it! But to see her laugh would have given anything, because she was also the guy who liked a good laugh at someone's shoulder, Bill, Beth, of your, his, and in those moments everything else disappeared, every time I had been afraid of her, every time I'd wanted to escape, all the times you had asked how he managed to live with him, to protect it, and all I wanted was just to laugh with you, as sometimes it was on the phone with the friends.
0 comments:
Post a Comment