High Fidelity
Here comes another "review" of the book. My third book of the year. Bought in Australia and then in English edition supereconomica. This is my cover.
Except that when I started I've got into getting the card you sent Brandon m'aveva from Brisbane and one full day every two minutes I disconnected from reality and the mind to come back with those eyes dolcioso core and, to that body and its frighteningly sexy cazzonaggine. Nice jump back to the good time.
And together with the postcard I've got rambling Brandon found a map of the tables in the restaurant in Sorrento that the Board had made me when I went to work there the first time. Cuoricino.
close my parentheses.
The story that I copy from the back is:
Nick Hornby's High Fidelity is the brilliant story of one man's journey of self discovery. When Rob - in thirtyfive-year old record shop owner and music obsessive - is dumped by Laura burdens he indulges in casual sex, a little light stalking and Some soul-searching in the extreme form of Contacting Every ex-girlfriend who ever broke His heart . An instant classic, High Fidelity is a hilarious exploration of love, life, music and the modern evil.
So then, the book is well written, there are many funny lines and the reasoning of the narrator are often hilarious. Viewed from an objective point of view is a very good book and enjoy. From my subjective point of view however, I was often angry, Rob, the protagonist is un'emerito dickhead and all of its path of self-searching which is spoken in the plot, all his bad mood that follows him throughout the duration of the narrative, eventually implode the quiet life back to Laura and she does not slamming him to make his life better.
shit man.
Done and done.
One that I would never meet if not to get rich in the music.
But otherwise, ever.
Surely the writer has done a spectacular job if you could let me have this reaction.
So as far as voting, I asterrei because the reviews are mixed.
And now the moment of citations.
Even I know how difficult it is to resist someone who finds you irresistible.
Some people never got over the sixties, or the war, or the night their band supported Dr Feelgood at the Hope and Anchor, and spend the rest of their days walking backwards; I never really got over Charlie.
In a hostile and unpredictable world, we rely on each other to provide something to count on.
And I'm here, in this stupid little flat, on my own, and I'm thirty-five years old, and I own a tiny failing business, and my friends don't seem to be friends at all but people whose phone numbers I haven't lost.
Well, I'd like my life to be a Bruce Springsteen song. Just once.
It's no wonder we're all in Such a mess, is it? We're like Tom Hanks in Big. Little boys and girls trapped in adult bodies and forced to get on with it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment